Class of 2029 Application Cycle is Now Open!!
You are invited to our annual Family Information Night for all 8th grade scholars and families who are interested in joining the EECHS Class of 2029. This event is being held on Wednesday, December 13, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. Please plan to attend to meet our team and learn more about our program and the application process.
How Do I Apply?
- Join us on December 13, 2023, for Family Information Night.
- Fill out an application. You can print a copy here or obtain one when we visit your ECPS middle school.
- Write your essays (have a trusted adult or two look over them).
- Ask two teachers to fill out a recommendation form (one must be a current core teacher).
- Submit your Application.
- For ECPS Scholars: All completed applications (with essays and recommendations) should submitted to your middle school counselor.
- Other Scholars: You must submit a completed application (with essays, school records and recommendations) directly to Mrs. Hayes.
- All applications MUST be submitted by Friday, January 19, 2024, by 3:00 p.m.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- CURRENT ECPS SCHOLARS – Your school counselor will include your academic, attendance, testing, and discipline records with your application and submit them all to me.
- FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT CURRENT ECPS SCHOLARS – You must request your academic, attendance, testing, and discipline records from your school. They can be faxed to us at (252) 823-2053, emailed directly to Mrs. Hayes ([email protected]) or submitted in person with your application. All records must be received NO LATER THAN JANUARY 19, 2024. We do not review applications without school records. To help out your School Counselor and/or Data Manager, you can request the following PowerSchool reports from them:
- Incidence Summary Report
- Historical Grades Report
- Attendance Info – Daily Attendance Report (from 6-8th grades)
- Test Results – PowerSchool Test Scores Report
- Current Quick Look-up Report
I Submitted an Application, What Happens Next?
- January 2024 – Applications picked up from ECPS Middle Schools.
- January & February 2024 – Our team will process applications. Do not worry if you do not hear from us yet. It takes us a lot of time to thoroughly review all completed applications.
- By March 1, 2024 – Scholars will receive an email updating their application status
- March 2024 – Some scholars will be invited to interview with our team. After the conclusion of interviews, applications will go back to the team for further review and final decision making.
- March 28, 2024 – Letters will be mailed to scholars indicating final application status
- May 2024 – New Student Orientation for invited scholars
- July 2024 – Required Bridge Week transition program